Summer Field Day in Turkey
According to the “Field Days” programm expected by the COBRA project (funded by 7th Framework ERA-NET CORE ORGANIC II), the field day in Turkey was held on July 29th 2015 at Aegean Agricultural Research Institute (AARI) (Menemen / Izmir-TURKEY) within the framework of the following schedule in the Organic Farming Experimental Field of the Institute certificated by the Organic Control and Certification Body named ICEA.
The event was held with the broad participation of our regional stakeholders and of the involved partners listed below:
- Representative Coordinators of Organic Farming of Republic of Turkey, Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Livestock (MFAL), General of Agricultural Research and Policy
- Administrative and Technical staff of the Extension Services of MFAL (Izmir, Manisa, Mugla, Balikesir, Canakkale)
- Lecturers of Ege University, Faculty of Agriculture
- Aegean Exporters’ Association
- Non-Govermental Organisations (The Ecological Agricultural Organization (ETO), BUĞDAY Association
- Technical Service Representatives of Department of Agriculture of Izmir Municipality
- Private Companies (Seed Companies, Food Legumes Processing Sector)
- Producers (Organic and Conventional)
- Press (National TV Channel :TRT (Turkish Radio and Television) and Regional TV Channels (SKY TV and KOY TV), Regional Newspapers (Menemen’in Sesi, Ege Postası)
The event took place in order to promote the mutual exchange of information on organic farming operations and project activities with stakeholders of our region.
Schedule: 29th 2015, Wednesday